Looking for something fun for kids to do in Indiana? Join us for our Life Skills Experience classes at golf courses in 2021! We have locations all across the state of Indiana that hold classes during various times during the week or weekend between 1 to 1 ½ hours long over a 6-8 week time frame. Financial aid is available during the on-line registration process. Email email@example.com with any questions. Please continue to check as classes will be added periodically.
A YOUTH PROGRAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER
All of our programs give kids a safe place to grow with coaches trained to create supportive environments and who help them navigate challenges during golf lessons but more importantly, off the course. Kids take the lessons they learn in the program with them into everything they do. Through our personal growth and junior golf programs, we see kids’ self-confidence grow tremendously, inspiring more active participation in leadership opportunities and events, community involvement, and college scholarships.
ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.