Looking for something fun for kids to do in Indiana? Join us for our Life Skills Experience classes at golf courses in 2020! We have locations all across the state of Indiana that hold classes during various times during the week or weekend between 1 to 1 ½ hours long over a 6-8 week time frame. Financial aid is available during the on-line registration process. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please continue to check as classes will be added periodically.
A YOUTH PROGRAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, kids and teens will learn life skills including:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.