Join us in building game changers.
Become a coach or volunteer today!
We are looking for coaches – all golfer levels are welcome
At First Tee – Indiana, we help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
To do this, we need enthusiastic and caring individuals to serve as positive mentors and role models to kids and teens of various backgrounds. Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program.
You don’t have to be a golf pro (or even a good golfer), we will provide the training you need! Our training system is built on research-proven methods of positive youth development, providing coaches with the tools to make kids feel safe, included and empowered.
If you have a passion for impact and want to become a coach, reach out to the chapter near you!
- This position organizes and teaches a First Tee class. Attendance at Coach’s training sessions is mandatory to qualify for this opportunity.
Assistant Coach/Class Volunteer
- The goal for a First Tee class is to have a 6:1 participant to coach ratio. The position will help the lead coach set up, teach, and tear down a class setting.
Special Event Volunteer
- Throughout the year First Tee -Indiana is part of different expos and /or events. We are always looking for volunteers to help at these expos to help at booths interacting with visitors.
Home Office Volunteer
- Twice a year we go through all the donated items and clean, fix and tag all the equipment and organize for distribution. We appreciate help in completing this important task.
Step 1 – CLICK HERE to fill out a volunteer inquiry form.
Step 2 – You should receive an email from First Tee – Indiana asking for information concerning where and when you would like to volunteer and prompting you to complete a background check and SafeSport Training.
Step 3 – Your local coach will reach out to you about your volunteer schedule.
Keeping Kids Safe
All volunteers who have continued and consistent contact with participants must complete a background check.
As an entity that engages in youth golf programs and whose members include adults who are in contact with minors, First Tee – Indiana is subject to certain requirements under the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 (the “Act”), enacted by the U.S. Congress. This Act has the potential to affect not only national governing bodies, but also camps, public and private schools, collegiate sports, country clubs, community organizations and sport facilities.
The Act, created in reaction to the abuse found at various youth sports organizations, provides for a new standard of care that affects youth-serving organizations nationwide through its creation of requirements for:
- background checks;
- adoption of mandatory reporting policies and prevention policies that provide reasonable procedures that limit one-on-one interactions between an adult and participating youth without being in an observable and interruptible distance from another adult; and
- implementation of prevention training. (see side bar for direct link to policies)
First Tee – Indiana will be using SafeSport to run background checks. All volunteers over 18 must complete this background check to participate in First Tee functions. To begin the process, please follow the step below:
Additional information about the Act can be found at https://website.praesidiuminc.com/wp/wp/everything-need-know-safe-sport-act/. Reporting forms should be submitted to: Mike David, Executive Director, Indiana Golf Office, email@example.com, 317-739-3016.
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
Thank you again for your participation within First Tee – Indiana.